Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you



This is my dog, Jenny. She's a French Poodle and lives with my parents in South Africa. Just to be clear, I don't consider my dog to be a "thing". In fact, it's the opposite, I think of her as my 16-year old baby princess. She means the world to me!

This photo basically sums up our bond. Since I can remember, Jenny would follow me everywhere around the house. She slept on my bed with me, and if I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, she would get up, too, and sit in the bathroom with me. Sometimes she would even try to jump on my lap.

My family and friends knew that they couldn't come near me if she was in the room, because she would try to protect me and bite them. She has bitten most of my friends, and once she bit my dad when he tried to take the TV remote from me. (Serves him right!)

Jenny is very old now, and almost completely blind and deaf. I miss her so much since I've been living abroad and it breaks my heart that I can't explain to her where I am. Our Skype dates have gotten fewer and fewer because she can't see or hear me anymore. But every time I go back home and pick her up she starts shaking, because she knows it's her mommy. 

Luckily I know she's in good hands now. My parents also treat her like a baby; she gets carried around everywhere, they feed her special food, buy her little doggy shirts, and they talk to her like she's one of their children. Well, I guess she really is one of their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...